|CSDR Students Donate Blankets to CAN Unit|
Throughout the course of the year students in Ms. Lizz Companion’s sewing class at the California School for the Deaf in Riverside (CSDR) have been making quilts with the intention of donating them to several good causes. This year the class chose to donate their quilts to the Child Abuse and Neglect (CAN) Unit at Riverside County Regional Medical Center (RCRMC).
June 10, 2010 the students and their teacher, Ms. Companion, brought the blankets to RCRMC. With the donation the students were taken on a tour of the CAN Unit by Jeri Vaughan, Executive Foundation Director, and Lorena Vivanco de Martinez, MD.
On the tour the students were able to see just how important donations, like their blankets, are to the patients of the CAN Unit. Each blanket will be given to one of the patients to comfort them while they are in the hospital.
- RIVERSIDE COUNTY: Hospital's budget balanced after years of shortfalls
- Telephone visits help providers deliver patient care
- UCR Health Physicians to Provide Women’s Services at RCRMC
- Riverside County Drowning Prevention PSA
- Hospital Patients Notified That Missing Laptop Contained Their Personal Information