MISP Application Form English | Spanish
Medically Indigent Services Program (MISP)
Location: 14375 Nason Street, Suite 102
Moreno Valley, CA 92555
Hours: 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday
Riverside County developed the Medically Indigent Services Program (MISP) in 1983 to provide assistance for the health needs of adults between the ages of 21 and 64 years. This program was designed to cover acute illnesses and medical care to prevent disability. The goal of the program is to reduce costly hospitalization and increase the ability to work.
MISP is not an insurance. It is to meet the immediate needs of adults who suffer traumas or have other emergent needs. Although the provision of indigent medical services is mandated by the State of California, the Riverside County Board of Supervisors directs the eligibility criteria and scope of services covered.
MISP Eligibility Criteria:
- Be able to show proof of legal resident of Riverside County for more than 30 days
- Must complete an application
- Must be an adult between the ages of 21 and 64
- Must not be insured or have access to a health plan
- Must be able to show proof of income
- Must show proof of identity
- Must not have a valid Visitor’s visa
- Must not be in Riverside County for the sole purpose of rehabilitation
- Client must not be institutionalized in Skilled Nursing Home (SNF) or Institution for Mentally Disabled (IMD)
Persons who meet the eligibility criteria may be granted up to twelve months of eligibility. They must report changes in income, living circumstances or if they apply or become eligible for other health benefits. Failure to do so can result in revocation of eligibility to the date of the change of status. The County of Riverside may review eligibility status on a random basis during the twelve month period.
Are required to be paid prior to receiving medical care or medications. This may be in addition to a share-of-cost payment for persons determined to qualify under the MISP eligibility criteria and have income determined to be over 100% of the Federal Poverty Level.
Co-payments and share-of-cost payments will be collected prior to services being provided. Failure to pay will result in services being rescheduled. Medications will be held until receipt of co-payment or share-of-costs. Health care services for life threatening emergency care will not be refused.
Co-payment schedule is as follows:
- $2.00 per prescription
- $5.00 per outpatient visits such as doctors or special visits
- $10.00 per emergency room visit
- $0.00 per ancillary service such as lab, x-rays, chemo or radiation treatment or physical, speech or occupational therapy treatment.
MISP clients must receive health care services through Riverside County Regional Medical Center or the clinics listed here.
Life-threatening emergency care can be received at any of the MISP contracted hospitals. Please call (951) 486-5375 to find a contracted hospital.
For additional information, please review the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) section.