The chance of surgical infection can be minimized if doctors adequately seal wounds, ensure completely sterile conditions, and administer appropriate antibiotics in a timely fashion. The appropriate antibiotic should be given no more than one hour before surgery and should be stopped within 24 hours after surgery.
The Joint Commission requires accredited hospitals to collect and submit performance data on the following measure sets:
- Teen Hit By Classmate’s Truck Outside Hemet High School Recovers With Help Of Therapy Dog
- RCRMC’s Infection Control Recognized by California Association of Public Hospitals
- RCRMC Receives a Hospital Safety Score “A” rating
- RIVERSIDE COUNTY REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER RECEIVES VERIFICATION FROM THE COMMITTEE ON TRAUMA OF THE AMERICAN COLLEGE OF SURGEONS
- New Mobile Health Clinic provides health care services to families throughout Riverside County.