The chance of surgical infection can be minimized if doctors adequately seal wounds, ensure completely sterile conditions, and administer appropriate antibiotics in a timely fashion. The appropriate antibiotic should be given no more than one hour before surgery and should be stopped within 24 hours after surgery.
The Joint Commission requires accredited hospitals to collect and submit performance data on the following measure sets:
- RIVERSIDE COUNTY: Hospital's budget balanced after years of shortfalls
- Telephone visits help providers deliver patient care
- UCR Health Physicians to Provide Women’s Services at RCRMC
- Riverside County Drowning Prevention PSA
- Hospital Patients Notified That Missing Laptop Contained Their Personal Information